Location & Transport
Golden Grove is perfectly located in one of the most convenient locations in Sydney.
5 Forbes Street
Newtown NSW 2042
02 9557 1642
Getting to the Golden Grove by:
Bus: the bus ride from Railway Square near Central Railway Station will take approximately 10 minutes.
- Catch Buses 422, 423, 426, 428 from Circular Quay and then along Castlereagh Street
- Or Bus M30 from the Spit Junction, the Queen Victoria Building and then along George Street.
- All of these buses travel through Railway Square which is the bus stop for Central Railway Station.
- Alight at the Queen Street intersection (on King Street) Newtown. This stop will be opposite ‘Gould’s Bookshop’, and on the corner of King and Queen Streets is the 'Vegetarian Butcher' - a name you won't forget. We are two stops past Sydney University. Ask the driver for help. We are just a minute's walk from this stop.
Train: there are a few options here.
- ‘Newtown Station’ is the easiest walk (15 minutes easy straight up King Street). Most of the walk is sheltered and level - and lots of people and sights to see! By far the one we recommend.
- 'MacDonaldtown Station' is the closest train station - only a 5-10 minute walk from Golden Grove, but an uphill walk.
- Alternatively, alight at ‘Central Station’, and then a 10 minute bus ride from ‘Railway Square’ - see above.
Be aware that you are unable to turn off King street into Forbes Street. Instead, turn into Darlington Street from King Street, right into Golden Grove Street, right into Wilson Street and then right into Forbes Street (basically you will need to drive in a horseshoe from King Street). We have a small number of car spaces. On the weekend the parking restrictions in Forbes Street are lifted.